The Assistant Warehouse Manager is directly responsible for resource planning and scheduling of daily operations for the Lebanon PDC, which is the hub warehouse for the Aurora network. The Assistant Warehouse Manager is responsible to drive high customer satisfaction by creating a great working environment and ensuring efficient throughput to meet customer demand. The Assistant Warehouse Manager directly reports to the Warehouse Manager, and in the absence of the Warehouse Manager manages all warehouse operations, including providing direction to supervisors and meeting daily targets. Primary focus includes master operations scheduling, attracting and retaining talent, training and development of hourly associates, safety policies and compliance, data collection and analysis. Direct reports include Training Coordinator(s), and potential future resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Warehouse Manager in scheduling resources and assigning daily job responsibilities to supervisors and hourly warehouse staff.
- Support Warehouse Manager with leading supervisors on all shifts.
- Manage resources to ensure flow of material of all products from receipt to shipment to the customer. Will work closely with Transportation, Purchasing, Customer Service, and regional PDC staff.
- Drive daily performance of the warehouse and communicates, supports, and achieves daily expectations.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through.
- Promote safety among all employees and visitors.
- Develop and deliver all material handling equipment training and certification.
- Develop and implement new associate training and onboarding process with a focus on winning culture and retention.
- Create and manage associate development through on-going training and increasing responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned by management. Supports regional PDC’s as required.
Manage scheduling, performance management and attracting & retaining talent, including training within the warehouse. Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training, planning, assigning, and directing work: appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems from all employees within the scope of the warehouse.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Warehouse and/or manufacturing leadership experience is required.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Strong data collection and analysis skills are required, including capabilities using MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Attention to detail and task-completion skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including experience with developing meeting content and presenting information to a group of people.
- Familiarity with tractor trailer/heavy duty equipment industry preferred.
- Familiarity with warehouse associate management including scheduling, payroll time and attendance, vacation approvals, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a warehouse work environment.
- Work is typically performed between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM, with occasional time required between 6:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
- Generally limited exposure to physical risk. Bending and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional air/land travel required.
Qualified candidates should email resume along with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.