April 5, 2021
The General Manager, Lebanon Operations is the top operations executive for the 300,000 square foot primary PDC and is directly responsible for overseeing all aspects of warehouse operations as it pertains to people management, inventory integrity, order fulfillment and the movement of goods in and out of the distribution center located in Lebanon, IN. She/he is also a key leader supporting the performance of the entire Aurora distribution network.
The General Manager will work closely with headquarters functions daily to assure that their facility and customers are receiving the necessary support from customer service, purchasing, transportation, accounting, sales and marketing. In addition, the GM will work closely with the General Managers at the regional PDCs.
The General Manager will be expected to develop positive relationships with key customer accounts served by the PDC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate, support, and achieve daily, monthly, and annual expectations.
- Support all human resource related activities, including but not limited to, sourcing and staffing of positions, performance management, compensation administration, and training and development.
- Create a culture that promotes Aurora’s shared values and supports positive employee relations.
- Monitor activities of work teams to ensure that safe practices are in place and being demonstrated. Monitor building to ensure that proper housekeeping is being practiced. Give guidance to safety committee.
- Work with Sales, Customer Service, Transportation, Purchasing, Finance and customers directly as needed to effectively plan and forecast future business activity and achieve expected performance.
- Understand customer’s needs and provide an experience which exceeds their expectations.
- Own P&L, balance sheet and operational performance.
- Maintain Capex activities that are in line with P&L and support performance.
- Review and evaluate operational performance, address performance gaps, and take corrective action, as needed, to ensure each functional area is delivering on operating goals.
- Lead all organizational development efforts including but not limited to recruiting, skill and leadership development and performance management.
- Coordinate and execute programs focused on continuous process improvement throughout the facility to reduce costs, improve material flow, processes, and efficiency.
- Audit facility to confirm compliance with internal procedures as well as accordance with county, state, EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Ensure the facility and grounds are maintained.
- Ensure space utilization plans are in place and that they provide a safe and productive use of the space and create flow through the PDC.
- Support Aurora by hosting customer visits and tours of the PDC facility.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executives of Aurora.
- Periodic travel within the region and to regional PDCs.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service and exceed expectations.
- Analytical – Ability to collect and analyze data utilizing multiple sources. Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Can present both pure data and risk adjusted information clearly, quickly, and concisely.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations. Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly, succinctly, and informatively. Ability to read and interpret written information.
- Continuous Improvement – Always looking for ways to do better.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Makes and follows through on commitments.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions. Demonstrates general knowledge of market and competition. Has demonstrated knowledge of process flow and is aware of inventory control.
- Strategic Thinking – Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses. Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Dependability – Reliable member of the team. Responds to management direction. Commits to additional hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict productively and achieving win-win solutions.
- Leadership – Inspires and motivates themselves and others to perform at high levels.
- Managing People – Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities. Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages personal and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5-7 years of management and leadership experience in distribution setting.
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in customer relations and the ability to foster customer-centric thinking throughout the organization to exceed expectations.
- Working knowledge of computers and programs specific to operations and operations management, including WMS experience and MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced project management and data analysis experience a plus.
- Solid financial acumen including experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Attention to detail and task completion.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
Qualified candidates should email resume along with salary history to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Aurora Parts & Accessories