Human Resource Generalist
April 9, 2021
The Human Resource Generalist job entails providing a comprehensive administrative support to day-to-day operations of human resources. The HR Generalist liaises closely with human resources and other departments throughout the organization providing a customer focused and effective HR support service to the organization to achieve the organization goals and objectives. This position will have a strong focus on recruiting, training and safety, along with general HR support duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing and posting job advertisements, screening applications, arranging interviews, participating in selection process, and administering pre-employment tests as required.
- Providing general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms, and reports, arranging meetings, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy, tracking deadlines, and taking down minutes as needed.
- Preparing source documentation needed for new hires, or effective changes in pay, status, or benefits.
- Assists with establishing, maintaining, and controlling personnel, employees, recruitment relations records, files, correspondence, reports, and organization charts. Assists in maintaining employee file records up to date by handling changes in employee status in a timely manner.
- Managing sensitive and confidential matters like personnel relations, employee relations, and organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data, and files.
- Assists in the maintenance of employee directory and company organization charts.
- Exercising individual judgment while dealing with potential or real troubles on own initiative and bringing them to manager’s attention.
- Interpreting, assisting, and advising employees and managers regarding leave management and benefit administration, and HR procedures and policies within the specified guidelines.
- Conducting research, gathering data and statistical reports, and maintaining statistical information.
- Participation in volunteer and staff training events or programs and recommending resources, as needed.
- Keeping up with current issues and matters in the organization related to the HR department.
- Ensuring effective reception or proper approvals on forms and enter changes in the system.
- Promote working together with all departments to build continual improvement within the company.
- Assists the HR Manager and acts as a back-up when needed.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong skillset with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong writing, reading and arithmetic skills.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects. Ability to multi-task is necessary.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment techniques, methods, and procedures.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able to consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Knowledge of general employment laws, recruitment, EEO/AAP, safety training and policy development
- Preferred Associates or bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and/or Solid work history in Human Resources
- At least 3+ years in Human Resource Administration, including benefits administration.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office work environment.
- Bending and light lifting.
- Infrequent land and air travel may be required.
- Generally limited exposure to physical risk.
Qualified candidates should email resume along with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.