Inbound Logistics Coordinator
November 22, 2019
Responsible for accurate and timely coordination of inbound purchase orders, systematic receiving and intercompany transfers while balancing internal operations schedules.
- Coordinate the receipt of all inbound shipments of vendor supplied products and intercompany transfers into each warehouse.
- Perform inbound load planning activities through consolidation of purchase orders, routing and carrier selection to meet service and freight income expectations by utilizing the Transportation Management System (TMS).
- Identify and drive improvement to truck utilization and total inbound costs, including improvements in packaging, route design, and pickup frequency/quantities.
- Drive efforts in collaboration with the operations and sourcing teams to drive the lowest landed cost with respect to service to include mitigating underweight or high cost loads.
- Facilitate delivery appointments at each PDC location.
- Oversee supplier compliance to pre-notification of shipments, on-time delivery, proper packaging, and appropriate documentation.
- Submit and resolve freight claims for damages and delivery issues.
- Update management on inbound freight metrics.
- Reconcile inbound shipments to purchase orders and coordinate discrepancies with each PDC.
- Audit and approve inbound freight invoices.
- Process load tenders in TMS and follow though to ensure load acceptance by designated carriers or re-assignment when necessary.
- Track inbound shipments to ensure on-time delivery or proactively communicate potential delivery delays to Operations, Purchasing and Customer Service.
- Monitor and report status of trailers located on premise (yard management).
- Assist with onboarding new vendors/sources to integrate into freight programs.
- Assists in comparing and updating purchase order due dates to planned arrival dates to ensure accuracy and to meet expectations of internal and external customers’ needs.
- Provide "out of office" coverage for other transportation processes and staff.
Requirements and Development
- Strong knowledge of transportation management systems required.
- Minimum two years inbound logistics experience required, including execution and optimization of shipments.
- Operational experience in distribution strongly desired.
- Experience with multiple project coordination.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong logistics planning skills with a focus on costs.
- Demonstrates initiative, is a self-starter and has a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of US DOT regulations, hours of service, weight limitations, US geography preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Outlook skills.
- Limited overnight travel required.
Qualified candidates should email resume along with salary history to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Aurora Parts & Accessories