Lean Performance Specialist
April 5, 2021
Aurora is a rapidly growing company with opportunities to continue transformation of our distribution methods and footprint. This new position, with strong senior management support, is responsible for developing and implementing Lean principles in areas such as work layout, work measurement, and methods development across the Aurora distribution footprint. The Lean Performance Manager will provide coaching, leadership, and implementation of process improvements developed with Lean principles (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work, Material Flow, Visual Management, Root Cause Problem Solving, etc.) and tools to eliminate waste in all functions and drive high customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coach, direct, and promote a culture of continuous improvement utilizing Lean principles (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work, Line/Cell Design, Single Piece Flow, Material Flow, Visual Management, MDI, Root Cause Problem Solving, etc.).
- Develop proactive strategies and tactics to continuously improve safety, quality, productivity, customer satisfaction and consistency across the entire Aurora footprint.
- Develop and implement lean facility layout designs to optimize space, material storage/equipment footprint and process/flow efficiencies in a safe and comfortable work environment.
- Supporting Aurora’s EHS program, developing and helping implement EHS compliance, risk management, sustainability, and business continuity processes for the Aurora network, driving EHS performance improvement, mentoring and motivating the associates with EHS management responsibility at the facility level, influencing leadership, and building a strong EHS culture and a collaborative team-oriented approach to EHS management.
- Develop and implement high impact training courses tailored to different audiences to build continuous improvement capability and develop our people.
- Responsible for ensuring that our leadership teams understand CI / lean and their roles in sponsoring and driving improvement initiatives.
- Implement a standardized continuous improvement tool kit across Aurora, including CI methodology, value stream mapping and five why analyses, etc.
- Provide coaching and leadership for improving the end-to-end value streams, working with the functional process owners.
- Work collaboratively with other functional leads to effectively ensure a well-coordinated and non-overlapping approach to rolling out best practices.
- Provide direct, hands on support to hot spot areas of the business, acting as an internal consultant to support a surge of continuous improvement activity where required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executives of Aurora.
- Travel across the Aurora PDC network and vendors/trade shows.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service and exceed expectations.
- Analytical – Ability to collect and analyze data utilizing multiple sources. Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Can present both pure data and risk adjusted information clearly, quickly, and concisely.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations. Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly, succinctly, and informatively. Ability to read and interpret written information.
- Continuous Improvement – Always looking for ways to do better.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Makes and follows through on commitments.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions. Demonstrates general knowledge of market and competition. Has demonstrated knowledge of process flow and is aware of inventory control.
- Strategic Thinking – Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses. Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Dependability – Reliable member of the team. Responds to management direction. Commits to additional hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict productively and achieving win-win solutions.
- Leadership – Inspires and motivates themselves and others to perform at high levels.
- Managing People – Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities. Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages personal and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in implementing Lean processes in a multi-distribution centers environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing and rationalizing flows in distribution centers to exceed customer and financial expectations.
- Experience in EHS within warehouse environments is a plus.
- Working knowledge of computers and programs specific to operations and operations management, including WMS experience and MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Advanced project management and data analysis experience required.
- Attention to detail and task completion.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
Qualified candidates should email resume along with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Aurora Parts & Accessories