April 24, 2017
Provide overall support to the Warehouse Manager in the daily operation of the Parts Distribution Center. Primary focus will be in training and development of Standard Operating Procedures’s and the onboarding of new associates. Direct reports include Operations and Cycle Count Coordinators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Warehouse Manager in managing and leading all the supervisors on all shifts.
- Support Warehouse Manager in assigning daily job responsibilities to supervisors and hourly warehouse staff and account for daily performance of the warehouse.
- Coordinator flow of material of all products from receipt to shipment to the customer.
- Communicate, support, and achieve daily expectations.
- Continuously improve material flow, processes, and efficiency of all warehouse functions and employees.
- Ensure charts are developed and updated as required to monitor and report daily performance.
- Manage projects as assigned and ensure project boards are maintained.
- Promote safety among all employees and visitors of Aurora Parts.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of facility.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive of Aurora. Supports other PDC’s as required.
- Develops and delivers all material handling equipment training and certification.
- Develops and implements new associate training and onboarding process with a focus on winning culture and retention.
- Establish operational procedures for distribution center activities such as verification of incoming shipments, processing of outbound shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and the movement and storage of inventory (coordination of fiscal inventory).
- Establish operational procedures for cycle counting and problem resolution of inventory.
Manages all Operations and Cycle Count coordinators within the warehouse. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training, planning, assigning, and directing work: appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems from all employees within the scope of the warehouse.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent phone skills.
- PC, Microsoft Word, Excel and basic computer knowledge.
- Attention to detail and task completion skills.
- Familiar with industry part numbers and warehouse processes.
- Warehouse or manufacturing leadership experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a warehouse work environment.
- Bending and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent air/land travel may be required.
- Generally limited exposure to physical risk.
- Comfort with working at heights required.
Qualified candidates should email resume along with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.