October 1, 2018
Develop Aurora product strategy by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production and launch timetables, pricing strategy, and time-integrated plans for product introduction. Oversee commodity part category purchasing activity. Assist Marketing on product launch initiatives, electronic cataloging, and market introduction, Assist Sales to educate and train our internal and external sales force on new and existing products.
- Focus on key department metrics, and lead direct reports to meet all annual goals as assigned
- Develop and communicate sourcing and marketing strategy for new and assigned product lines
- Evaluate product line performance and communicate
- Lead product development meetings with organized and professional approach
- Lead productive supplier meetings for assigned commodity suppliers with a focus on approved agenda
- Work with buyers and cost analyst to ensure cost files are processed correctly
- Work with the Sales department to understand customer needs. Discover new product needs
- Develop creative solutions to reduce costs including strategic pre-buys and alternate sourcing
- Support sales management by obtaining time sensitive quotes on specific products
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Business Intelligence analysis tools such as PowerBI or Tableau is a plus
- Knowledge of the heavy-duty trailer and truck parts industry and relevant experience with suppliers of those parts is a plus
- Four-year college degree with coursework in business, engineering, and or equivalent/education and years of service
Qualified candidates should email resume along with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.