Scrum Master / Quality Manager
January 13, 2020
The Scrum Master will interact directly with department and executive stakeholders to drive necessary discussions to support the development of strategic, value add software. The Scrum Master will guide the Agile team on getting the most out of self-organization, remove impediments to productivity, and provide a great servant leadership example. The individual in this role will manage one Agile team and share the responsibility for managing product quality. In the Quality management capacity, the individual will define quality testing to be orchestrated and executed by a team of business experts. The right person for this position will possess a desire to create world class software and continue to drive Aurora technology solutions ahead of the competition.
- Assist stakeholders, developers, and designers in conceptualizing new software programs and applications.
- Collaborate on sprint planning and backlog management within an Agile software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications according to the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Define test plans for manual execution and automation.
- Consistently manage product backlog creation, prioritization, backlog refinement, sprint planning, retrospective, stand up and product review meetings necessary to the smooth operation of the Agile team to meet business needs.
- Manage priorities according to timeline.
- Drive continuous improvement with the software development process.
- Provide ongoing review and removal of impediments to development progress.
- Support a culture of trust and acceptance of mistakes in light of the greater benefits.
- Provide internal and external transparency to the development process and work progress.
- Support the Quality Coordinator in the execution of product testing.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in a business or technology related field, and at least 4 years of equivalent work experience.
- Scrum Master certification or at least 2 years of experience in a Scrum Master role.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Agile frameworks including Scrum.
- Experience with communicating business needs to technical teams.
- Proven skills in a prior Scrum Master role.
- Deep understanding of Agile approaches and the benefits.
- Solid understanding of key concepts within the agile process including User Stories, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- Proficient in the use of agile artifacts including Epics, User Stories, Sub-Tasks, Sprints, Sprint Reports.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Proven leadership and mentoring ability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Technically proficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Emphasizes quality and process.
Qualified candidates should email resume along with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Aurora Parts & Accessories