Senior Java Developer
November 22, 2019
Oversees the design and building of Java software applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The Java developer will also analyze and lead the effort to amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and assist stakeholder, developers, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Research and document requirements of software users.
- Architect applications for ease of maintenance and longevity.
- Collaborate on sprint planning and backlog management within an Agile software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications according to the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies and platforms that align with business strategy.
- Maintain currency on application development best practices, languages, and standards supporting continuous improvement of Aurora software/systems.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate, code, and test software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Prepare statistics and metrics rendering visibility to programming process status.
- Provide guidance on the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Oversee installation and product support for end users as required.
- Liaise with infrastructure and external resources to assist in resolving problems with software products
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior software developers and research assistants.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and at least 8 years of equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in enterprise Java programming a plus.
Knowledge and Experience
- Advanced experience with mobile technologies / JS libraries including iOS, android, Ionic, Cordova, VUE.js, React, React Native, Twitter Bootstrap.
- Experience working with enterprise applications.
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments, including Eclipse.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux operating systems.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, No SQL databases.
- Extensive experience with object relational models such as Hibernate.
- Familiarity with the distribution industry is a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Familiarity with java software development methodologies.
- Experience with communicating business needs to technical teams.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Proven leadership and mentoring ability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Technically proficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Emphasizes quality and process.
Qualified candidates should email resume along with salary history to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Aurora Parts & Accessories