Manages subordinates within your designated area or shift within the warehouse. Is responsible for overall direction, coordination and evaluation. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing; training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems from all employees within the scope of the warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly manage warehouse employees.
- Manage flow of material of all products from receipt to shipment to the customer via delegation to coordinators and area leaders.
- Assign daily job responsibilities to coordinators, area leaders, and hourly warehouse staff; and account for daily performance of the department based on interpretation of the daily workload and supplied labor metrics.
- Serve as a liaison between management and hourly employees, communicating all announcements, process changes, revised procedures, and other information, as well as escalate support requests from the floor.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees receive required and requested training on safety programs, equipment operation and certification, warehouse operations procedures, emergency action plans, and any other pertinent topics.
- Communicate, support, and achieve daily expectations.
- Continuously improve material flow, processes, and efficiency of all warehouse functions and employees.
- Responsible for the overall housekeeping efforts of their assigned shift.
- Ensure charts are developed and updated as required to monitor and report daily performance, delegating to coordinators as appropriate.
- Manage projects as assigned and ensure project boards are maintained, delegating to coordinators as appropriate.
- Promote safety among all employees and visitors of Aurora Parts.
- Encourage and promote product improvement suggestions.
- Ensure the warehouse materials and equipment are set up for the oncoming shift.
- Assist the warehouse manager and industrial engineer in process evaluation and continuous improvement, as well as implement any re-designed processes or revised procedures or rules.
- Assist company safety leaders in ensuring the facility, equipment, and employees comply with all applicable OSHA regulations.
- Serve as a mentor for coordinators and area leaders to develop into future leadership roles.
- Ensure warehouse employees are complying with all Safety and Quality Assurance Programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executives of Aurora.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Works well as a member of a group.
- Inspires teammates to follow them.
- Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well.
- Warehouse or Manufacturing Leadership Experience Preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Qualified candidates should email resume along with salary history to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.